Webinar Archives

Click on a category below to see our Archive offerings.

Certificate Programs

Click here to learn more about our Certificate Programs.

Helpful Hints

Webinars are conducted by a presenter showing slides. The slides will appear through your Internet browser and the audio will be presented through the phone.

Each registration receives one webinar connection link.

After registering for a webinar, you will receive a receipt by email, as well as a second email with the log-in and call-in information. The subject line of the second email will read “Meeting Confirmation.”

If you have not received the email with the webinar access information, be sure to check your spam mail folder as it may have been held up there.

If you need assistance with registration or logging in the day of the webinar, please contact Online Media Campus at:

515.244.2145
Email

Interactive Storytelling Tools: Enhance your readers’ experience

Recorded on June 9, 2016

Journalists can tell digital stories with a variety of tools that make the experience more interesting and personal for the reader. This webinar will introduce you to some of these tools, demonstrate why they are effective and explain how to use some of them. Most important, we’ll explain the process behind learning a new tool.

Click here to register for this archive. Please fill out the registration information at this link. If you participated in the live viewing, be sure to add in your discount code for free viewing. Once you complete the registration you will receive a link to view the archive.

Meet the Presenter … 

Steve Buttry is director of student media at the Manship School of Mass Communication at Louisiana State University and has been practicing and teaching journalism for more than 40 years. In 2010, Buttry was named Editor of the Year by Editor & Publisher magazine for his work as editor of the Cedar Rapids Gazette. Prior to that, he spent time at the Des Moines Register, the Omaha World-Herald and various other newsrooms across the country. From his work for the American Press Institute’s Newspaper Next Project and as director of community engagement for TBD.com and digital transformation editor for Digital First Media, Buttry has become a leader in helping news organizations meet the challenges of the digital age.