Using Pinterest to Drive Readers to Your Website, Showcase Your Journalists’ Best Work & Make Advertisers Love You
Recorded on July 7, 2012
Pinterest, the world’s third-largest social media site, isn’t just for pretty pictures of wedding dresses and cupcakes. Smart newspaper companies are finding ways to “pin” photos of every topic imaginable onto digital pinboards to catch readers’ attention and pull traffic to their websites.
In this 60-minute webinar, publicity expert Joan Stewart, a former newspaper editor, will show you, step-by-step, how to use Pinterest. Then she’ll explain how other newspapers are using it. You’ll learn creative strategies for involving your readers, highlighting your journalists’ best work, and adding value for advertisers.
You will learn:
- Why Pinterest is red-hot, and what you must understand about the demographics of its users to make it work for you.
- Step-by-step directions on how to create an account, create a board, pin, repin and comment.
- Ideas for creating boards around sections of the paper and topics in the news.
- The importance of using keywords in your descriptions.
- What you must know about copyright issues
- How to encourage people to repin your images
- How to link Pinterest to your Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Clever ways newspapers large and small are using this site
- Ideas on how to use it for your advertisers
- Special Bonus: You’ll also receive Joan’s “Pinterest Checklist” so you don’t miss any important steps as you’re starting to pin.
Archive viewing fee: $35
Click here to view this webinar. Please fill out the registration information at this link. If you participated in the live viewing, be sure to add in your discount code for free viewing. Once you complete the registration you will receive a link to view the archive.
The Presenter …
sell more products and services, promote a favorite cause or issue, and position your company as an employer of choice. As a former newspaper editor, she has accepted and rejected thousands of story ideas, and she knows EXACTLY what the media wants and how to deliver it to them. She is the author of four ebooks on publicity and is quoted in more than 60 books on marketing, public relations, small business and social media. She blogs at PublicityHound.net and publishes the popular magezine, “The Publicity Hound’s Tips of the Week.” Read her
publicity and social media tips on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/PublicityHound and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/publicitytips.