Web Press Certificate Program
The Web Press Certificate Program is designed to increase the skill sets and knowledge of web press operators through short, specific to the newspaper industry online courses at an affordable price on a flexible schedule.
- Courses are “self-directed” and can be taken at any location with internet access during the time the course is open.
- Content is focused on operations of a web offset press with an emphasis on avoiding and solving problems and assumes participants possess a basic knowledge of equipment and its operation.
- Content is applicable to operators, managers and other personnel such as customer service representatives who wish to gain a better understanding of web press operations.
- Each course with contain a “self-test” at the end. This will be graded by the instructor and the grade as well as all the correct answers will be sent to the participant and their manager/publisher.
- A GATC trainer will be available for questions/resources throughout training and beyond.
- Graduates will be awarded a certificate of completion following the passing of each course.
Registration: $79 per person
(Following registration you will receive course materials and log-in instructions.)
Course open February 20 – March 22
Approx 3-4 hours total for course completion
The web offset press operator deals with many things preparing for and during a press run. This direct and to-the-point online course covers:
- The Platemaking Process
- Plate Composition and Characteristics
- Run Length
- Key Mounting Considerations
- Identifying and Solving Plate Problems
Learning this material will help operators:
- Lessen downtime
- Reduce waste
- Improve efficiency
- Produce a higher quality paper
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. Deadline to register is February 11.
Led By Graphic Arts Training and Consulting
Graphic Arts Training and Consulting (GATC) is a non-profit, graphic arts industry service organization founded in 1994 in conjunction with printers. Its experienced professionals work with newspaper, commercial print and other graphics companies to solve problems and get results. To learn more about GATC, visit their website at GraphicArtsTraining.com