Direct Response Print and Digital Ads Certificate Course
To take advantage of this quality, affordable training opportunity, participants don’t have to leave the comfort of their workplace. All training is done online and the time commitment is one-hour per webinar.
Over the years, “Direct Response” print and digital advertising has consistently shown its ability to generate significantly larger numbers of leads and sales than does traditional image or product and price advertising. In this three-session advertising certificate program, webinar attendees will learn, step-by-step, how to create “direct response” ads from ad master, David Fowler. You’ll be exposed to advertising strategies that will truly make a quick difference in the quality and lead-generating power of your ads. A certificate will be awarded to those who successfully apply both the print and digital ad strategies and can show measurably increased response rates from their ads.
- Ad managers
- Sales reps
- Art and production staff
- And anyone who is interested in learning more about creating effective ads
- Learn directly from David Fowler, Best-Selling author, considered one of the top print and digital ad experts in the world.
- Valuable, downloadable workbook for each session.
- Hands-on help with your ads and questions.
- Online format allows you to train in the comfort of your office or home.
- Small classes (by design), so register today, limited openings available!
Pre-Session #1 Assignments:
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 2 “problem” print ads as a PDF—identify yourself, paper, client, date ad appeared and current response rates.
- A bullet point list of the “problems” with each ad submitted.
- A brief explanation of the goal of each ad.
During Webinar Session #1 attendees will learn:
- How to be 90% more productive by simply prioritizing advertisers.
- The REAL purpose of a print ad…and no, it’s not what you think!
- How to perform a “Print Ad Critique” that will instantly improve your ads.
- How to use the “Business-Building Growth Strategy” form for advertisers.
- How to use the “Direct Response Print Ad Building Strategies” form.
- How to successfully “fingerprint” (identify) your advertisers REAL ad needs.
- Utilize your workbook, “The 12 Essential Strategies for Creating Effective Direct Response Print Ads”
Post-Session #1 Assignment:
- Using the “Direct Response Print Ad-Building Strategy” form, each participant must re-create and re-design the two “problem” ads that were initially submitted. Have another newspaper employee review your ads using the “Print Ad Critique” form. Both ads should receive a score of 100%. When accomplished, send ads as a PDF to presenter.
- Create a “Business-Building Growth Strategy” form for your paper with your logo.
- Each participant, according to their advertiser list, must meet with 1 advertiser to help them create their “Business-Building and Growth” Strategy.
During Webinar Session #2 attendees will learn:
- How digital ads work to grow a business.
- What a digital ad REALLY is and it’s singular purpose.
- How to perform a “Digital Ad Critique” that will instantly improve your ads.
- How to make money sending emails for your advertisers.
- How to use the “Direct Response Digital Ad Building Strategies” form.
- Utilize your workbook, “How to Create Highly Effective Direct Response Digital Ads”.
Post-Session #2 Assignment:
- Using the “Direct Response Digital Ad-Building Strategy” form, each participant should design or redesign a digital ad. Have another newspaper employee review your ads using the “Digital Ad Critique” form. The ad should receive a score of 100%. When accomplished, send ad as a PDF to the presenter.
- Confirm that you have learned to “link” ads properly to Squeeze Pages; or that you have outsourced this important task.
- Meet with a “digital” advertiser or prospect advertiser to help create their “Business-Building and Growth Strategy” form.
During Webinar Session #3 attendees will learn:
- Why you need to use your own advertiser “data base” if you’re going to survive.
- How to increase revenues using emails every week.
- How to invite advertisers to a “Public Workshop” held by your paper.
- Techniques for making public workshop presentations
- How to perform an “Ad Critique” that will instantly improve your ads.
- How to use the Business-Building Growth Strategy” form for advertisers.
- How to use the “Direct Response Ad Building Strategies” form.
- How to successfully “fingerprint” (identify) your advertisers REAL ad needs.
- Utilize your workbook, “How to Increase Revenues by 10%, 20%, 30% or More Using Effective Direct Response Print Ads”.
Post-Session #3 Assignment:
- Hold a public workshop on How to Grow Your Business Using Direct Response Print and Web Ads.
- 1 written testimonial confirming new revenues and growth from at least one advertiser confirming bigger revenues from one print ad and from one digital ad.
Program previously held June 2013. Archive Viewing Fee: $79. Click here to register for this series archive. Please fill out the registration information at this link. If you participated in the live viewings, be sure to add in your discount code for free viewing. Once you complete the registration you will receive three links to view each of the archives.
David Fowler is a best-selling author on niche marketing and “direct response” print advertising. He is also a sought after speaker and consultant to newspapers worldwide. As a business consultant, he has helped launch and grow leads, sales, and revenues of thousands of businesses. Prior to his life as a consultant, David ran a successful retail advertising agency that placed more volume of ads in The New York Times than any agency in a 3-state area. His agency was also the first in the nation to combine store planning, visual display and branding with advertising. He has won numerous ad awards as a Creative Director and judged some of the nations top ad award shows. He lives in Santa Cruz, California.
Mobile Sales Training Course
The Mobile Sales Training program is designed to increase the skill sets and knowledge of advertising sales professionals, managers and anyone involved in the sales process, through a short concentrated series of webinar trainings.
- Webinars are presented as a series and participation is expected in each program.
- Content is focused on sales training and managing.
- Each course is recorded to allow for better flexibility of scheduling.
- Presenters of each course will be available for questions during webinars.
- Each participant will be awarded a certificate of completion following the successful conclusion of the training program.
Mobiles sales are a hot topic and many businesses are positioning themselves to be able to sustain this type of advertising into the future. This three-part series will take you through defining mobile, developing a plan for your business and putting the plan into action.
Session 1: Why Mobile And How Does My Newspaper Get There?
- The case for mobile
- How to get started
- Defining goals, mission and audience
- How to work with few resources
- Pros and cons of third party products
Session 2: The Mobile Business And Product Sales Plan
- Mobile ad growth opportunities
- Who buys mobile and why
- Where does mobile fit into ad agency and local buys
- How to structure sales to sell mobile
- How to price mobile
Session 3: Mobile Launch: Winning Strategies And Approaches
- How to excite the sales force
- Marketing message to advertisers
- Successful mobile examples
- What’s the next step
- Keep focused; don’t launch and forget
- Program previously held in 2012. Archive Viewing Fee: $99Click here to register for this series archive.Please fill out the registration information at this link. If you participated in the live viewings, be sure to add in your discount code for free viewing. Once you complete the registration you will receive three links to view each of the archives.
John Reetz has a proven history of innovation, collaboration and successful leadership through growth and transitional periods, in both digital and print. Prior to founding JR Media Solutions Group in 2008, which grew into Media Solutions Partners in 2012, Reetz was founder and General Manager of COXnet, the Internet support and solutions group for 40-plus Cox Newspapers’ web sites.
At The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, after a career as a reporter and editor, he created the News Operations Department, the first all-encompassing editing, design and operations team in the U.S. newspaper industry. Reetz was chairman of the Olympics Operations Committee, responsible for all planning for the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta.
At MSP, he works with clients on content, technology, infrastructure, digital growth, paywall and a variety of other digital and print transition initiatives.